Marni’s Food Guide – A Day in the Life of Me
As a nutritionist and healthy food advocate, the most common question I get is, “What do you eat every day, Marni?!”
Today, I am going to spill the beans, literally. Dish out the goods on what a day looks like for me from breakfast through dinner with all the in-betweens.
First off, I’m going to start by sharing that I am human, and I believe in moderation and balance. With that being said, some may still call me “extreme”, as no matter what, there are some foods I will not allow into my diet, such as meat, dairy, seafood, white sugar, processed foods. There are others that I am more flexible with, but you’ll have to read on to find out! At the end of the day, I eat a pretty darn clean vegetarian, wheat free diet that is loaded with superfoods, nutrients, enzymes, protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Yes, it really is easy to be healthy.
So here goes!
I usually start my day with either a glass of water (sometimes with lemon) or a green juice. However, if I plan on working out early, I’ll always have Vega Sport with Ormus Supergreens with coconut or maple water. It’s my absolute favorite morning elixir. Whether it’s lemon water or my elixir, these tasty morning drinks start my day. It not only gets me moving, but get’s things moving internally (if you know what I mean).
- Usually a smoothie, bulked up with superfoods and greens, then topped with some granola, bee pollen or goji berries. You can even transform it into a smoothie bowl!
- Oatmeal with cinnamon, figs, raisins, almond butter & rice milk
- Chia cereal porridge
- Sprouted spelt bread with almond butter
- Homemade carrot ginger muffin with a Sun Warrior shake (1 scoop Sun Warrior + rice or almond milk)
- Vegetable juice (kale, celery, cucumber, apple, ginger)
- Trail mix
- Apple with almond butter
- Vegan protein smoothie or chocolate elixir
- Sun Warrior with rice milk
- Homemade muffin, loaf or treat with nut butter
- Dark raw or vegan chocolate
- Vegetable juice
- Or any of these treats that come in convenient packages
Lunch and or Dinner:
- Salad with sprouts, avocado, veggies, nuts and seeds with homemade dressing
- Sprouted wrap with hummus, falafel and fresh veggies
- Quinoa or millet with kale, veggies, and tahini dressing or other homemade “sauce”
- Vegetable soup puree with sprouted bread or salad
- Steamed veggies with whole grain (rice, quinoa) and tempeh or veggie burger with baked sweet potato and tahini
- Big bowl of miso soup with noodles, veggies, and sprouted tofu
- Brown rice pasta with vegan pesto and veggies
Marni’s Fast Food
- Veggie Burger either homemade (from freezer) or from Sunshine Burger on salad, wrap or grain
- Nori Roll with veggies
- Leftovers from dinner or lunch
It’s not often, but if I’m not cooking I can be found at one of these restaurants in Toronto:
- Live Food Bar
- Kale Eatery
- Pizza Libretto
- Magic Oven
- Urban Herbivore
- Cruda Café
- The Beet
- Loving Hut
Just so you know…
I believe in the 80/20 rule. There has got to be some balance in your life. I feel if that if you are eating well most days of the week (80% of the time) then you’re on your way towards healthy eating. My 20 is not typical. It’s usually a dessert from Sweets From the Earth or some Coconut Bliss Ice Cream. Delicious, organic, and nothing to feel super-guilty about. After all, it’s not like I’m going to give into a cheeseburger and french fries!
Let your 20% be just for you – whether it be that something you crave or leaving room for eating out at dinner – things do happen to come up! Just remember to stay on top of yourself and your foods 80% of the week, so the majority of the time, your body is being nourished with healthy ingredients.
You can get more delicious knowledge by checking out Marni’s Weekday Meal Planning e-book, available here: http://marniwasserman.com/ebooks/
If you are interested in a highly customized program, the Warrior Way will guide you down the path toward weight loss, enhanced health, and a fitter, happier you. SunWarrior’s celebrity chefs and fitness experts will lead you through meals and mold your body with exercise routines. Their clear and well-defined guidance will let you learn those skills and own your transformation into the Warrior you want to become.