I’ve done cleanses before. We’ve all seen them advertised in the front of health food stores, with intensities ranging from 3 to 30 days. I’ve experimented triphala and cascara sagrada, and sometimes fancy myself some cleansing tea. But this Health Force cleanse was something else! Reading the description, I thought “Three days, that’s nothing, I can do that. Twelve pills per serving? Piece of cake”
There was no cake. This was probably the hardest three day-cleanse I’ve ever tried.
Marni and I got really excited to start it too, we were going to do a raw diet along with it and get ourselves prepped for spring. My first day I barely had an appetite. I don’t know if it was the supplements or all the water I was drinking, but I hardly touched the raw meals I’d made. Later that night I felt so sick. It might have been the uncooked onions in raw soup I made, but I was asleep by 9 simply because I didn’t want to move. I ended up having a cooked meal for dinner to try to settle my stomach.
Day two I woke up with an awful headache. I had a mini breakdown about nothing before I even got to work. I ate mainly raw that day, and felt a bit better that night.
That last day I was determined to go out with a bang. I started my day with a juice, which normally keeps be going till lunch. Midway through the morning, I felt very light headed. I tried eating something solid to settle things, but it only turned my stomach. My skin was pretty oily too. I ate mainly raw this day too, with one cooked meal.
So, my review? The positives:
- Definitely felt it working! Between the emotional and the physical releases, I really did feel like it was doing it’s job. It was a very high quality product.
- It forced me to drink a lot more water than I usually do. I drink quite a bit as is, but with such a small appetite it was the only thing I wanted.
- The checklist included is really handy, it can be difficult to remember when to take which supplements.
The negatives (I don’t even know if I can call them negatives, because I know it was all part of the cleanse):
- Lots of capsules. They fill you up so much you don’t want to eat that much and you don’t want to take them by the end of the day (however I’d much rather take the supplements in capsule form rather than loose)
- The emotional side effects. I didn’t expect them! I know it’s totally normally to experience them, but it doesn’t make it any more pleasant. Whatever this cleanse released was clearly necessary.
- The physical side effects. I expected these side effects more, the headaches and the somewhat urgent bathroom trips. They weren’t pleasant but they were tolerable.
If you are new to cleansing, I wouldn’t recommend doing a 3-day intensive cleanse, I’d say do a 30-day gentle cleanse (also available from Health Force). The products were fantastic quality. My next cleanse will definitely be a Health Force cleanse!
You can get more delicious knowledge by checking out Marni’s Cleansing with Superfoods e-book, available here: http://www.marniwasserman.com/ebooks/
3 Responses to “Abby’s Cleanse Review”
Speak Your Mind
Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!