What do I mean by this – well we need to make a habit to eat in and not out!
We all get too comfortable and too reliant with meals on the go, on the run or just plain old out for dinner at a restaurant…with leftovers! Well it may seem like there is nothing wrong with this, but when it occurs more than three times every week, there is!
It is important to take your control back – get in your kitchen and dine in! How you ask – well you can start by cooking your own meals at home. For the record this doesn’t include ordering in! That is officially cheating. I am talking about home-made meals in the comfort of your own home. Cook, prepare, and create delicious healthy meals with your family. It will not only save you money, but save your health and maybe even time. If you cook a little extra you’ve got meals for the next day. Pack em’ in some glassware, a laptop lunch box, stainless steel containers – and they are ready to go. This also saves the morning headache of scrounging around for meals for the kids or the spouse.
You will not only feel better about yourself if you take this on, but you will also be avoiding takeout packaging. Not to mention sparing yourself from feeling lousy and bloated and paying more than necessary for a bowl of pasta. I am not saying to never dine out – we all have our favourite restaurants and pick up spots - I definitely have mine (check out Marni’s Faves). Just leave it to less than three times a week. This may be a challenge, but we all need to start somewhere. Start tonight by getting into your kitchen… and dine in!
Simple Steps to start the process:
- Go the to the grocery store/ health food store/farmer’s market and start shopping!
- Makeover your kitchen and fill them with organic/fresh and wholesome ingredients
- Take a Cooking Class
- Invite friends over and cook together
- Have a private cooking lesson in your home with your family
- Grow your own garden (season pending)
- Use reusable containers and glassware – even if you are picking up!
- Try to order less at restaurants to prevent the occurrence of leftovers and packaging
- When it comes to eating out – try to eat at local, sustainable, organic and vegetarian restaurants (see veg.ca)
Join the Take OUT With OUT Campaign and make a difference!
One Response to “Inside…(not) Out!”
Speak Your Mind
Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!