CALL (647) 477-8131
Marni’s Movie Night Series

Like This Post

movie_night.jpeg

Starting tonight, and for the next few weeks I am going to be showing a series of amazing and inspiring films about whole foods and our planet. These are select films that really demonstrate what it means to eat fresh, organic locally grown foods. It is one thing to hear this information from someone, but it is a completely different story when you see it. When you actually see what is going on behind closed doors you realize why this shift towards organic, natural and plant based foods is essential to human health and the sustainability of our planet!

If you truly want to start making small changes in your life and in your families life than come on out to  one of these films and see what what kind of relevance it may have for you.

I promise you that each film will be relevant to you in some way, as you will not only learn what it means to eat healthy organic and local foods, but learn how to increase longevity, boost your energy and help you lose weight. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to nourish yourself and become your own healer.

If you have been lucky enough to view any one of these films, please share your experience, feelings, comments, questions about the films below!

All films will be screened at 6:45 pm on a Tuesday evening in Toronto

To inquire about the evening or to reserve a spot please Contact Marni for more details.

The evening will include an interactive and dynamic workshop following the film. You will have a chance to ask questions about the film or anything nutrition-related in general. This way I can help you get on track with your health and wellness goals. There will also be organic snacks, organic popcorn, herbal tea and some goodies to take home!

Here are the films in order of viewing and their descriptions:

January 19th- Food Matters

food_mattersTake small steps towards a healthier life and a healthier you! Food can be your best friend!  Discover how you can Detox, Lose Weight, Reverse Diabetes, Conquer Cancer, Beat Heart Disease, Ditch Depression and more using a nutritional approach. It’s not as hard as you think!

February 2ndFresh

How Fresh is your food? Fresh will take you on a journey by avid individuals, like farmers and business people across North America and show how they are re- inventing the food system. You will be offered healthier, alternative and sustainable solutions to protecting the future of our food and planet.

images

T.B.A - Crazy Sexy Cancer

crazyCome and learn about what the power of food, more specifically what RAW foods can do for your health. You will learn what foods can help to prevent, treat and mediate the effects of cancer and make you feel great. A discussion on raw foods, smoothies and juicing will be apart of the evening.

February 9thFuture of Food

The Future of Food provides an excellent overvieFOFDVDProdImage-2w of the key questions raised by consumers as they become
aware of GM foods… This film draws questions to critical attention about food production that need more public debate.

January 26th - Food Inc

foodinc

Learn about where your food is coming from and what it takes to get dinner onto your plate. After seeing this film you can’ t help to be inspired to make changes in your daily food choices.

Like Marni Wasserman

12 Responses to Marni’s Movie Night Series

1. Tonight's Goodies…organic popcorn, kale chips, sprouts, goody bags, chocolate elixir, herbal tea…..don't miss out on your chance to join in on one of these motivating and inspiring films!

2. Ryan Malfara says:

This movie completely changed the way I eat. It’s very powerful!

Enjoy!

3. We had such a great time last night! Make sure you come to the next screening on October 27th if you missed this one!

4. Cindy Diamond says:

I really enjoyed the movie FOODMATTERS
    last night. It was very informative and thought provoking.
    I plan to incorporate some of the suggestions into my diet to help promote health and wellness.

The venue was extremely relaxing, inviting and Marni is a great hostess with a wealth of knowledge…Thanks Again Marni.
    C

5. Barb Manilla says:

I am a Registered Dietitan and met Marni during my nutrition undergrad at Ryerson University. She then decided to take a totally different and very interesting and fulfilling path. I am so glad we have remained friends as she helps keep me up to date on all this important nutrition information that really complements my work. And Marni totally understands that everyone is at a different place and not all approaches to nutrition work for everyone and totally meets you where you are at.

I think it is obvious at this point that last night when I went to watch “Food Matters” I was totally inspired and plan to attend her entire movie series because of it. The whole event was so wonderful. It is well worth the price since you get lots of wholesome, nourishing snacks, watch a great movie, have a really great discussion after that gives some “food for thought” and helps put it all into context – and helps you further understand why taking the time to make these healthy decisions is so worthwhile. If you don’t know, how can you be expected to understand why you should do it? I also got a great goodie bag to go home with, including Marni’s trail mix (think Goji berries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, good clean coconut shreds, raw almonds), an all-natural body scrub, and lots of other great stuff all packed into this environmentally friendly reusable pouch.

Run, don’t walk. This is good stuff kids and you are doing yourself a disservice if you don’t educate yourself!

6. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! I hope to see you all again and hope to see new faces each week!

7. Tanya says:

FOODMATTERS was not only insightful but also motivating towards continuing my journey for good health. The messages put forth in this movie are unfortunately not given the widespread attention that they deserve.

What made the movie that much better was Marni’s warm hospitality. We were graced with a relaxed environment, healthy snacks and a goodie bag! (Thanks Marni :) ) Following the movie we engaged in a Q&A. I’m looking forward to attending the Crazy, Sexy, Cancer showing!

8. Jane says:

Hi Marnie:
    Great to see what you are doing as I had contemplated a similar approach. I would like to join you for the next film, Fresh. I had been to the Toronto screening of Food Matters and own a copy since it is such a powerful film. Please remind us about your Fresh movie night, say the day before. Thanks.
    Jane

9. Jane says:

I have also seen Crazy Sexy Cancer and wonder whether this is the original or whether this is a follow up, with tips etc. I wonder where this woman is now, how she is doing. So please let me know whether this is the original film or whether this is a follow-up to the original. Thanks.
    Jane.

10. Pingback: The Truth About Eggs: Part 2 | Inside-Out Nutriton

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

YOUR PLATE
GREEN FORK SPECIAL
MOST POPULAR POSTS

32 Lessons in 32 Years Reflecting on what I've learned in my 32 years on the planet.

Enjoy a Full Day of Renewal at my Urban Retreats Get yourself on the right track and learn how to adopt a plant-based diet that works with your lifestyle.

Glow Without Gluten 5-Week Program Learn how you can become lighter, leaner and livelier in 5 weeks!

PURELY FIT TIP
purity fit tip

Plant-based foods are alkaline-forming, which means they create less acidity in the body. As an added bonus, they also neutralize existing acid! When you work out and train, you are already pushing the acidity limits in your body, so it's important flush it out with plant-based foods. Some of my favourite detoxifying foods that I use in my classes are broccoli, seaweed, and avocados.

Planti-Ful Inspiration
Fully Nourished Lifestyle

Eating plants makes you feel good inside and out. So why not wear it and show it off to the world that you can feel powerful being fueled on plants!

Get Fully Nourished with Me!
I am Marni Wasserman, your plant loving culinary nutritionist and health strategist. I am dedicated to giving you a reason to eat well, savour your food and live a nourishing lifestyle. WIth passion and experience, I strive to enlighten you how everyday eating can be simple and delicious. I can't wait to meet you at a class!